10 oz sugar
4 oz margarine
2 tbsp lemon juice
grated zest of 2 lemons
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp lemon extract
12.3 oz flour
1 tbsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup water
1 cup (soy or rice) milk
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F, grease a 9×13 pan.
- Cream together sugar and margarine. Add lemon juice, zest, vanilla and lemon extracts and beat well.
- Whis together dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Mix the water and soy milk in a measuring cup or small dish.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with the liquids, beating well after each addition.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- Cool completely in the pan before turning out.