Sesame Beancurd Crisps
Recipe taken from YanHuoJian with minor adaptations
200gm all purpose flour
50gm sugar (I think
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
50gm white sesame seeds
20gm black sesame seeds
80gm firm tofu, mash with fork
Tapioca Starch for dusting
1. Combine all dry ingredients and mix to combine thoroughly.
2. Add egg and mashed tofu into the dry ingredients and knead until a dough forms.
3. Leave dough for 30 minutes, covered.
4. Roll dough as thin as you can. Dust with tapioca starch if needed.
5. Cut dough into rectangles.
6. Stack 2 rectangles together.Cut 3 slits vertically
7. Take one end and bring it through the middle slit. Pull it slightly.
8. Repeat step 6-7 until all dough is used up.
9. Heat a wok of boil, deep fry on medium heat until lightly golden (it will darken further upon cooling) and drain off excess oil.
10. When cooled, store in air tight container.